English Assignment From Look Ahead Page 106
- In spite of all my careful plans , a lot of things went wrong.
- Although I love music, I can’t play a musical instrument.
- In spite of being very tired, we kept on walking.
- Although the heat was turned all the way up, the house was still cold.
- Keith decided to quit his job although I advised not to do so.
- Although he work overtime, he wasn’t particularly well paid.
- Although he was not very good for it. I recognized him from a photograph.
- I didn’t wear a raincoat although it was hard rain.
- We’d better invite her to the party although she couldn’tcome to the party.
- Although I didn’t get it, I managed to mae my self understand.
- He was late although he got up earlier.
- Although he’s got a French name, he is in fact an American.(despite)
In spite of his French name, he is in fact an American.
- In spite of her injured foot, she managed to walk home.(although)
Although her foot got injure, she managed to walk home.
- I decided to accept the job although the salary was low. (in spite of)
I decided to accept the job in spite of the low salary.
- I’ll keep dong the work although it may cause me a lot of suffering. (whatever)
I’ll keep dong the work whatever a lot of suffering can caused.
- In spite of being very busy, we never forget to pray everyday. (no matter how)
No matter we are being very busy, we never forget to pray everyday.
- In spite of not having eaten for 24 hours, I didn’t feel hungry. (eventhough)
Eventhough I haven’t eating for 24 hours, I didn’t feel hungry.
- We lost the match although we were the better team. (despite)
We lost the match in spite of our better team.
- It is impossible to finish the work. Thet still try hard to finish it. (even if)
Even if It is impossible to finish the work, they still try hard to finish it.
- He was trying to smile. He failed his exams. (in spite of)
He was trying to smile in spite of his faied exams.
- Tono attended his friend’s party. Her mother was ill. (though)
Tono attended his friend’s party though her mother was ill
IN SPITE OF/ DESPITE + SETENCE (S + V)
THOUGH/ ALTHOUGH/ EVENTHOUGH + PHRASE